Friday, March 13, 2009

Sea Bird Sanctuary

The Eastern Brown Pelican
Horned Owl

Collecting shells at the beach


The Red Shoulder Hawk




Hi Anna!, Yesterday we went to the sea bird sanctuary. I looked at all of the birds.We learned that the red shoulder hawk is different from the red tailed hawk. You can tell because the red shoulder hawks are smaller and their tails are not red, they are this grayish blackish color.The eastern brown pelican can live up to 20 years but die around the age of 10 years because they are threatened. Today in school I am writing about my favorite bird that I saw there.After we were done looking at the birds, we took a walk down to the beach! We collected some seashells to take home with us. I had a great time at the sea bird sanctuary. It would be fun to go there together one day!!!!
Love, Bobbi



No comments:

Post a Comment

New friends, please leave us a comment!